I offer private sessions online (video chat) through a model of transparent generosity. This is donation based through two organizations I am delightfully a part of, Buddhist Geeks and The Heart Mind Foundation (an educational non profit 501(c)3). I also offer a weekly group training through the same model.
You can schedule a free intro session for us to get to know each other, discuss your experience, needs, and goals, and to see how I might be of help.
Private sessions are 30 minutes or 60 minutes.
Schedule an Intro Session
Transparent Generosity – Current Donations
This is a model designed to encourage generosity, transparency, and reciprocity as a basis for training together. Should you choose to schedule private sessions with me it’ll be up to you to determine the amount you give, keeping in mind these four data points:
- Suggested donation: $120/hr
- Average amount given: $119/hr
- Range given: $90-$225/hr
- Your actual situation ????
The hope is that this transparent generosity model enables deeper human connection to arise over the course of training together, while ensuring that everyone has their needs met.
Living a whole, embodied, engaged life.
I am here to support you in you discovering your own innate wisdom, supporting you in deep transformation and healing, and in encouraging your own embodiment and response in life. My approach to awakening makes use out of anything that is meaningful and useful, and relies on intuition – yours and my own. However, I find it incredibly helpful to have reference points for experience, practices, and reliable ways of exploring experience and diving deeper.
Bridging the gap between your inner world and outer life.
Often there is a split created between whatever we call ‘spiritual’ and our daily lives, especially the difficult times in our personal life and the painful world ‘out there’. Often it’s hard to make sense of how the two relate. Instead of seeking our spiritual practices as solely a safe respite and break from the difficulties of life, we can embrace our practice and life itself as a way to help us see more clearly, feel more resilient and capable of responding and experiencing it all.
My goal is to support you in exploring deeper patterns at play in your life, moving towards clarity, tapping into deeper qualities of life that support you naturally – who you are most deeply, who you are in your work, how you show up in your relationships, and how you relate to and respond to life as a whole, in a way that feels natural, alive, and with presence.
Some of the ways I can help:
- Freeing ways in which you feel stuck in your life by embracing your experience as an opportunity for learning and wisdom
- Cultivating a meditation practice and other contemplative practices you can integrate intuitively in your daily life
- Awakening to deep unconditional freedom + healing old wounds and experiencing freedom and joy in your life, relationships, and work
- Embodying your experiences, realizations, and capacities more deeply in your body and outwardly in your life
- Cultivating resilience and understanding in difficult times in your life
- Exploring creative ways of responding to your life
- Cultivating flexibility to move with life instead of against it
- Cultivating radical openness and deep freedom
Ryan Oelke is a co-founder of Buddhist Geeks and founder of Awakening in Life. He has an MSEd in counseling psychology and is contemplative teacher of awakening, healing, and embodiment. He has 18 years experience in meditation, particularly in the Tibetan Buddhist and Dzogchen lineages, and is a certified teacher in Judith Blackstone’s Realization Process. Ryan teaches meditation and a way of living dedicated to revealing natural presence and awakening in each moment of our lives, regardless of how it appears to us.
He lives in the beautiful mountains of Asheville, NC.